Reno Anon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reno Anon

a place for friends. lol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Propaganda

Go down 
+9
WeightedCompanionCube
Anonymous_Fox
gloryglory11
Al-Anon
nnevadanonnie
blackeyes
AnonReno
Anonymous_Shade
Hypnotoad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop
Hypnotoad

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:08 am

So we need more ideas on how to get information out into the area, and help increase our numbers.

The first & second raid had about the same number of people, however very few of them were at both. The more people we have the more people will listen to us.

I'm a fan of youfoundthecard saturation, as was sent out in emails to most, if not all of us. I'll let that anon chime in on his strategy if/when he gets here.

-News exposure is definitely a good idea
- Another anon & I bounced around the idea to maybe pay for a simple add in the RNR(pretty nonspecific, just the Anon logo, bar code & "We have many faces, is one of them yours?" with the forum address or maybe anonreno@gmail

Anyone have any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://rnoanon.darkbb.com
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:39 am

Chances are the quickest and most simple of the methods is putting up posters in the most dense areas possible.

It was actually asked whether we should put up posters in the Meadowood Mall, which could work pretty well since it has a diverse and dense population filtering through daily.

Although, limiting it to just that probably wouldn't be enough, so other places would probably be necessary to inform.

The rest should fall together fairly nicely.
Back to top Go down
AnonReno
fapfapfap
AnonReno

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:12 am

You were talking to an Anon!? Are you cheating on me?

Lol, anyway. I like the idea of putting ads in menus in restaurants, and inside books. The possibilities are endless with this, we could give them to pizza delivery guys, could hide them in TONS of places, like all over campus...the list goes on.

We should be careful to make sure it doesn't become something close to littering though. We'll stay inside the border of "mysterious and catchy" and away from "messy and annoying."
Back to top Go down
blackeyes

blackeyes

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:40 am

http://stickerguy.com/

This guy's cheap and local and has good quality stickers. Might even be possible to arrange pickup to save on shipping. Seems like there's a long lead time, although I've never ordered from him. I'd have mentioned him on enturb but I didn't want to make it seem like I was whoring out my friends business (I was casually acquainted with the owner years ago).

Dunno what the best use of 250+ stickers would be, tho.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop
Hypnotoad

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 am

Stickers huh?

how about 250, 12" long stickers that just read "SCIENTOLOGY" no more, no less.

Add 250 stop signs
let simmer
???
profit

leave a small tab of the backing on the sticker so they can be pulled if need be & get away from a vandalism charge?

Just an idea.

I had a friend in SF that made stencils & spray painted stop signs everywhere. It was effective, but stickers would be a much better choice in my opinion.

Anyone know the laws on stickering public property?
Back to top Go down
AnonReno
fapfapfap
AnonReno

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't know the laws on stickering, but I know it's looked down on.

But we could totally put stickers on other people's flyers, that would be rad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Another idea!

It was mentioned at the 3/15 raid that public access TV has to run commercials that are given to them for nearly free.

That could provide some advantages.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop
Hypnotoad

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 pm

But who really watches public access? Thats the problem.
Back to top Go down
blackeyes

blackeyes

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:10 pm

I like the STOP scientology idea, but does anyone think it would be better to get together a funny little graphic (Xenu is my homeboy/Tom Cruise can't fly type stuff) with www.xenu.net at the bottom, and drop them off at places like Recycled Records/Sound & Fury, Art Dogs & Melting Pot, any tattoo parlor or skate shop the lets you put fliers for stuff up front (Ace's on Virginia does, I think), and anywhere else people are gay for stickers. Or just pass them out for free at shows (that's where I got my "Hot Topic Fucking Sucks" sticker). New Oasis draws a pretty good crowd, and everybody loves free stuff.

There's going to be a couple weeks' delay on getting any stickers printed, so we might as well pool some money together and get a LOT.

Downtown (from 1st to 6th) they have a team of guys cleaning stuff every morning at 5 or 6 AM, so any fliers or stickers you put down there won't stay for long. Center and Sierra St. are probably the same. The fliers I put up on the lampposts by the courthouse were still up the last time I checked, which surprises the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
blackeyes

blackeyes

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Propaganda Stickerfun-1

Just something I put together in GIMP.
Back to top Go down
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 am

I posted this at the other forum, but I made a full-page flyer that can be used in public bathroom stalls (sit when you put them in because then you know about where eye-level is), and at bus stops. It's got a lot to read but that's GOOD at places like bus stops and in bathroom stalls. I need to alter it for Reno though, cuz it's a worldwide kinda thing. Give me a few.
Back to top Go down
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:45 am

Okay, this is a sort of general flyer that directs people here:

https://2img.net/h/i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/nnevadanonnies/disconnect_big_reno.png

THIS one I like, as I said, it's good for bathroom stalls and bus stops because it's long, but I think it drives a point home about disconnection, because it uses excerpts from REAL disconnection letters:

https://2img.net/h/i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/nnevadanonnies/disconnectreno.png

And this is a sort of flyer that you can paper places just to spread dissent about Scientology in general:

https://2img.net/h/i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/nnevadanonnies/scientologists.png

Anything else I make will be at the Reno-area Photobucket I set up, here: https://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/nnevadanonnies/

If we're still in for the same time, same place, I can make up some quarter-page or half-page flyers. I'm also going to be making a press kit, like I did last time - I sent it to all of the major news sources. I'm hoping they'll take us fucking seriously if we keep pestering them because that's how it worked when I worked at a newspaper.

Also, uh, does anyone want to put together like grab bags? Flyers, stickers, and maybe something cool, in a cheapie bag? I know we can get those somewhere, just gotta dig around. They'd be perfect for shows (which I don't attend as I am a stagehand and vaguely bored with shows at this point). I think it would catch the interest of a lot of people. If a few people pitch in for the stuff it would all be rather cheap. We already know where we're going for stickers, right? I'll look into how much plain white grab bags go for, and I can also print up flyers and business cards....

(Just an idea. Show kids are more likely to pay attention to someone who gave them a WHOLE BAG of shit to look through, IMO)
Back to top Go down
Al-Anon

Al-Anon

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:54 pm

blackeyes wrote:
http://stickerguy.com/

This guy's cheap and local and has good quality stickers. Might even be possible to arrange pickup to save on shipping. Seems like there's a long lead time, although I've never ordered from him. I'd have mentioned him on enturb but I didn't want to make it seem like I was whoring out my friends business (I was casually acquainted with the owner years ago).

Dunno what the best use of 250+ stickers would be, tho.

I vouch for StickerGuy, as I'm also an acquaintance of his. I'll contact him if you'd like once we get the stuff together.
I do like the stickers for the stop signs, but I do think that 250 would be about 200 too many. Location > Saturation.

I also think that the idea of printing little bussiness cards with youfoundthecard.com and putting them inside books for people to find is a rad idea. We would put them inside books and magazines at the public libraries and UNR's.

*Edit: We also need a boombox! I'll provide the CDs with select tunes.
Back to top Go down
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:43 pm

I have a boom box that will play both regular CD's and CD's with MP3's on them. I can bring it.
Back to top Go down
gloryglory11

gloryglory11

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:52 pm

when you make the CDs make sure you put on

Rickroll (obviously)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Aenima-Tool (it has the line "Fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones")

uhhh thats all i have in terms of songs. any others suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Fox

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 pm

I'm working on a "You Found The Card" type thing for project Reconnect, and I'll post it when it's finished.

Remember, we need to be careful, though. The rumor is that there's a $5k reward offered by the Co$ for the identity of any anonymous.

I'm kindof a target in this respect now, because of my label. Oh well. We need to keep on truckin' regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anonyfox
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I'll stick it on the photobucket I made for the Reno area, if you'd like.

I really do think our focus this time needs to be getting more people. If we could get 30 or so people there the media might actually pay attention to us, which will get even MORE people interested in the cause, which will get more people to the NEXT protest. Reno requires more win.

And of course, if we can get anyone who lost someone to the CoS there to talk that would be epic.

Does anyone have a megaphone?

Also, cameras. Video, still photo, whatever. We need moar. I'm borrowing a video camera. I use a Mac so when I do videos I generally get pretty good results. If everyone wants to contribute video clips afterward I can compile something for ED and to send to the media outlets (the newspapers put video up on their sites, etc.). It's damn good PR to have a good video.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:56 pm

Video's always a must. Makes the scientologists that come up to us think that we're gonna steal their souls or something.

Also, "Still Alive" from Portal may be a must. Goes to prove the point that scientology can't do a thing when it comes to the masses opposing them.

I'm not sure if a megaphone would be overdoing it or not.

Oh, and at this protest, it may be a good idea to print out some pamphlets to hand out. That way, we not only bring people in but also give them some sites/info that word of mouth isn't enough to convey.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop
Hypnotoad

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Quote :
Oh, and at this protest, it may be a good idea to print out some pamphlets to hand out. That way, we not only bring people in but also give them some sites/info that word of mouth isn't enough to convey.

I had a ton on the 15th, I'll bring them again on the 12th
Back to top Go down
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:17 am

I'll bring cards with stuff printed on them. Smile Either youfoundthecard or something else, I dunno.

Kinko's will print like a hundred cards for about five bucks. I'm just lazy enough to go that route.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop
Hypnotoad

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:27 am

Quote :
I'll bring cards with stuff printed on them. Smile Either youfoundthecard or something else, I dunno.

Kinko's will print like a hundred cards for about five bucks. I'm just lazy enough to go that route.

I like youfoundthecard
Back to top Go down
WeightedCompanionCube
Admin
WeightedCompanionCube

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:02 am

.. So when we do end up deciding on what fliers were doing let me know, I can get them printed out for you for almost nothing. I use to work at a copy shop in town and I still have connections there.

I can get almost anything printed, from small basic fliers to large banner type posters.
Also if you have an idea for signs you want for events, I'm pretty good at photoshop and I can get them printed so let me know .. pirat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:06 am

Actually, another thought: we've drawn in a lot of the public, but so far Scientologists have only come and gone quickly (IE. Miss "What are you doing? [rolls up window; drives off]" from March 15th).

So what would get and HOOK the attention of any CoS we encounter, possibly upping the rait of dropouts from the church?

I have a feeling that by losing members, things will get even more fretful for the Scientologists.
Back to top Go down
nnevadanonnie

nnevadanonnie

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:26 am

I dunno about hooking scilons, but I've been making graphics. I'm fairly decent with photoshop, but if anyone has anything they want added to the photobucket, let me know.

https://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/nnevadanonnies/
Back to top Go down
gloryglory11

gloryglory11

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 am

Darkxide wrote:
Actually, another thought: we've drawn in a lot of the public, but so far Scientologists have only come and gone quickly (IE. Miss "What are you doing? [rolls up window; drives off]" from March 15th).

So what would get and HOOK the attention of any CoS we encounter, possibly upping the rait of dropouts from the church?

I have a feeling that by losing members, things will get even more fretful for the Scientologists.

now that i think about it, she most likely was a scientologist. it didnt even occur to me at first.

me and my friend will post flyers around the UNR campus, and we will attempt to get more people this time that way.

30 people is indeed a magic number
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Propaganda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Propaganda Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Propaganda
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reno Anon :: General Discussion :: Think Tank-
Jump to: