Reno Anon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reno Anon

a place for friends. lol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Secret Identities & You!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AnonTHX1337

Secret Identities & You! Empty
PostSubject: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 am

As Hypnotoad pointed out, giving out real information is not a good idea around here. I was among the "I was the ____ at the ____ with the ____" posters myself, but did see others posting more informative bits. Fortunately, in at least one case where I sent a PM to someone and said "Hey, I think I know who you are." I was wrong.

Me, I'll admit, I might be more trackable than most with some of the information I've given. And as much as I'm sticking to mostly-anon status, I'm not trying very hard. However. Some people on this forum aren't using proper sockpuppets and should really look into creating new names for themselves here and availing themselves of alternate email addresses. At least one other person here was trackable by powerword after just a few username searches.

When being Anonymous there are some rules you should consider:

1. Never use a nickname you've been associated with before. I have a nickname I have been associated with for over 15 years, this is not it.

2. Never give out information that you can't imagine someone else fitting the same description of.

3. Never use an email address that's attached to a non-Anon username or have these accounts forward to non-Anon username accounts. This can be tracked.

4. Never encourage illegal activities or participate in illegal acts.

I'm too tipsy tonight to come up with more than that, but you all should know the general rules of Don't Be A Dick and Shut The Fuck Up.

I would also caution all Anon against carpooling with other Anon that you do not know. If I carpool with someone, it will be because I have known them before we became Anon. Yes, gas prices do suck and it would be nice to make new friends from this like-minded group, but it will only take one douchebag Scilon to enter our ranks and sell us out to the other models at the Basestar.

We will at some point encounter a Scilon that looks and acts human just like us. But as we currently lack a functioning Scilon detection system, we have to be ready for the possibility that any member of Anon may be a Scilon.

We are legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

We occasionally get drunk and write TL;DR posts and then click send without previewing.
Back to top Go down
WeightedCompanionCube
Admin
WeightedCompanionCube

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:37 am

An excellent point and something that should be stressed more. Though most of us are cool it only takes one to fuck everything up. Keep your private info private. create a new e-mail for anon only if you have to.

"1. Never use a nickname you've been associated with before."

This one is the one that we all need to keep on stressing, do not use nicknames, e-mails adresses, anything identifying that you've used before.

Now .. I'm going back to drinking, drunk=good! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:05 am

Agreed. However, I'm one of the namefags. People are associating the white camo bandanna with AnonFox. And, if they read the god hates reno article, they associate AnonFox with Leader. This is not acceptable, but must be tolerated with me. Fortunately, I've not gotten much shit, but tis still a bit irritating. THANKS, GodHatesReno. Razz

I'm not giving up mah Anon name, and I'm still gonna post vids on YT. So if they want to refer to me as Leader of the LOCAL Anons, I say "Psh, I'm just a motivator." Dumbasses. XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anonyfox
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:55 pm

I really don't have a name when I'm dressed as I am. I'm pretty much, "That Guy in the Business Suit with the Invisible Hood."

Can't really be more secret than that. XD
Back to top Go down
AnonTHX1337

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Darkxide wrote:
I really don't have a name when I'm dressed as I am. I'm pretty much, "That Guy in the Business Suit with the Invisible Hood."

Can't really be more secret than that. XD

Well... Check your PM's. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous_Shade

Anonymous_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Change'd.

Now I'M SUPER SECRET GUY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Identities & You!   Secret Identities & You! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret Identities & You!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reno Anon :: General Discussion :: Information/Resources-
Jump to: