a place for friends. lol

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Press Kits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nnevadanonnie

PostSubject: Press Kits   Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:06 am

Like I did for the last protest, I plan on sending out press kits about a week and a half to two weeks before the protest. The press kits I sent out last time were pretty cool looking; they had a press release, some fact sheets, some flyers, and a CD with everything that was in hard copy in digital format, as well as some of the better videos.

Can anyone think of anything else that we might need or want to shove into a press kit? And does anyone have any pictures from the March 15 protest that they'd like to donate to the digital media kit? (the one reporter I heard back from complained that we had no pictures or anything)

I have addresses and contact info for major outlets in the area - the RGJ, the RN&R, KRNV, KTVN, KOLO, the Nevada Appeal, etc. If anyone can think of anyone else that might need a press kit, let me know. I'll be putting them together next week.

I put these together because it's a surefire way to get the media to pay attention to us, is to repeatedly send them professional-looking press kits. When I worked for the media press kits got first priority. I expect it's the same now - it's only been a year.

Thing is, I do need your guys' help, whether it's an idea for more press stuff or more contacts I can send them to. The latest I should send them out would be April 1st, so I need to get them together before that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Hey, Nnevadanonnie, I'ma be pulling "You Found The Card" runs downtown Carson on my days off.
anonfox@ g m a i l . com

Seriously, contact me, and we can (masked, of course haha) arrange a meet so you can pass off the disc with the info on it while I'm flyering or dropping cards. And, hey, maybe you could help me out a bit on that point, haha. The moar masked /b/ they see, the moar curious they'll become. (they, meaning either the unwashed huns or the general publics).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/anonyfox
nnevadanonnie

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm still pondering what mask to make. XD (I'm a crafter, so I like making things. It's really weird)

I saw instructions on how to make a Guy Fawkes mask out of foam core or paper, I might try that.

But if we could get a group of Carson anons to go youfoundthecard-ing and flyering, I think it would have more impact. Last time a friend of mine drove me around and we hit up a few bus stops, that seems like a good spot (people get bored and want to read at bus stops). I've got an industrial stapler and an assload of tape, and I can print out flyers for the cause.

I think a good idea would be to flyer up downtown the day of the next Carson Wine Walk (it'd be the Saturday before the protest, for moar epic win). There's a fuckload of people out in downtown Carson on those days. I'll also keep an eye out on the Nevada Appeal's calendar section - whenever there's public events, there's places we can hand shit out, you know?

Safety in numbers, though - we do want to have at least two anons out doing this stuff every time we do it.

My nonny e-mail is nnevadanonnie @ gmail dot com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nnevadanonnie

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Does anyone have any more ideas for what could go into a press kit? Anyone at all? If you were a reporter, what would you like to see?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gloryglory11

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:27 pm

well what i learned in english class when writing an article is what everyone has learned, cover the who, what, where, why, when, and how.

thats the obvious thing to me. maybe a bit of sensationalism wouldnt be bad either. the press will sensationalize it anyway so we might as well do their work for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
citizen0083

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 am

Before the first protest in Feb, I did get out a mass email to all the news stations (besides FOX)
it read as such:

As many people know, a war has begun between an internet group calling themselves Anonymous and the Church of Scientology. In the beginning phases of this previously exclusively internet war, Anonymous has performed denial of service attacks to the Church of Scientology's websites effectively bringing them offline for approximately one week. Anonymous has decided to take this war to physical life, therefore becoming more serious and more of a threat to Scientology. Anonymous members will be performing a world wide protest outside of each Scientology "mission" on February 10th, 2008. Reno's protest will be at 12:00 noon, at 428 Ralston St Reno, NV 89503. As to not provoke any more feelings of public resentment toward Anonymous, their strategies have become much more decisive and mature.

What many people do not know about the Church of Scientology is a policy and practice of theirs called 'fair game.' Fair game occurs when an SP (suppressive person) objects to Scientology. To be specific: when someone disagrees with the practices of Scientology, and makes those disagreements public, the Church of Scientology takes it upon themselves to follow, intimidate, harass, and slander all peoples in disagreement with their practices. Since Scientology was founded by L.Ron Hubbard when he wrote the book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, the deaths of three people have been linked to the aforementioned church. However due to the tremendous financial and legal support the church has gained over the years, those charges were never able to stick. However, our legal system has not failed us on one particular occasion; in 1977, Hubbard was named an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal crime that resulted in 11 Scientology officials being given five-year prison sentences for infiltrating, burglarizing and wiretapping the IRS, FBI and other government agencies.

This "war" began when a video of Tom Cruise appeared on YouTube that was supposed to be used only for training purposes, within the Church of Scientology. The Church of Scientology then retaliated against YouTube, threatening them with legal action if the videos and all subsequent videos were not removed immediately, for supposed copyright violations. The official message displayed to YouTube viewers regarding the removal of this video was: [This video has been removed due to legal action by the Church of Scientology]. Anonymous responded with anger toward the Church of Scientology, because our God-given rights of Freedom of Speech are being imposed upon, by a church that believes humans are inhabited by aliens called "body thetans."

And then my sleep deprived rambling closing...
If anyone has any use for any of it, feel free to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:05 am

That's a good bit of info to send out.

Plus, there's no harm in throwing in the more threatening details of the CoS such as all the deaths it has caused, the money extorted, the prices for all the madness they're giving out, or maybe even actual quotes from their own texts (rapidshare available somewhere on these forums; forgot where lol).

This coming protest is proving to be an interesting one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
citizen0083

PostSubject: Re press kits   Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 am

Well, I figured I was hovering around tl;dr so I opted to keep out many other facts. But yes, I agree. Now knowing the actual costs of services and having them in chart form would probably be effective. Also touching on a cute little story that made it to digg front page today probably wouldn't hurt.

http://digg.com/politics/Texas_Passes_Initiative_to_Revoke_Tax_Exempt_Status_of_CoS

If I start not making sense... I need to go to bed...

gn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 am

Tax exempt status REMOVED in Texas, you say?!

I didn't know it was my birthday!

The only thing that could make it even better is if Tom Cruise accidently blew up one of the CoS churches.

Well, I can always dream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
citizen0083

PostSubject: Re: press kits   Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, the tax exempt hasn't been removed yet. It is being proposed.

Well if we manage to discredit all the things the CoS stands for, and let the public know all of the crimes and inhumane things that are committed on a daily basis... maybe we can get Cruise out of his delusional, brain washed state and get him to blow up the CoS buildings Mission Impossible style. While releasing Katie from her prison.

Now that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypnotoad
Robocop
Robocop

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 am

careful what you guys are saying there

keep this press kit related, off topic shit goes in random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rnoanon.darkbb.com
Anonymous_Shade

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:33 am

Ah, sorry 'bout that.

As for the press kit matter, we may have covered everything.

If all the details about the dark side of the CoS are revealed, probably not much else to it. Covering stuff like money extortion, fair game policy, murder, fraud, and so on would no doubt convince any sound-of-mind person.

What to draw in the Scions who are trapped in the system is what gets me. If we bring some of them into the fold, they'll be able to use their knowledge of how the CoS works for our cause to further cripple the Church of Scientology.

Plus putting up positive proof that L. Ron Hubbard was a deranged lunatic would prove a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Press Kits   

Back to top Go down

Press Kits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1